Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yeeeahhh...

Some say that if you have bad luck then its better then not having any luck at all...I would like to kick those people in the teeth. My boss called me into her office on Friday afternoon and told me that "...although you will still be employed by the school district, you will just not be at this campus next year, due to budget cuts."

When it rains it pours. So now I have to do one of two things, really concentrate on getting my application into the Los Angeles County Probation Department, or wait and see where the hell I will be working next year. Chances are that I will loose my awesome "3 months on, 1 month off" gig if I remain with the district and have to go back to a traditional summers off schedule, with a possibility of going to a school where I will have to completely rebuild the discipline department from the ground up.

The good news of course is that I still have a job no matter what. Maybe I'm complaining too much. I just don't want to be the new guy again.

4 comments:

Conrad said...

I'd say complaining too much.

"So now I have to do one of two things..."

You actually can do both. While you're waiting to find out where you're going to go(choice # 2), you can still concentrate on your application(choice #1).

Now Cruiser, with all the stuff that's going on, from my experience, my only advice to you is this: No matter how hard it gets, you HAVE to look at the bright side of things. Negativeness is it's own form of cancer.

Anonymous said...

Amen Conrad. I got a buddy here who complains all the time about NJS, but in this fragile market, we gotta job. How can you really complain?
And How much concentration do you need to get your application in? You've been talking about it for months now; do you have to chisel it in Stone and then hand deliver it?
Also, I reckon that state budget problems are also effecting the LA County Probation Department, so you should make sure they're still hiring if it's such a big deal to get your app in.

shezahawdy said...

complaining or not.. bums me out..

j.h.k. said...

Yeah, you're not gonna get much sympathy for having to switch from 3-months-on-1-month-off to a traditional summers-off schedule. Not from the even more traditional two-weeks-vacation-per-year crowd.

Good point on the application issue, AP.