Sunday, August 24, 2008
I realized that I had not posted in almost a month and my boy John had called me out with his post. I'm guessing I need to write down 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections, and 3 surprising facts about myself... let’s get to it!
1. Backyard BBQ's. There is something to say about sitting outside eating a meal and having a beer. Steak, chicken, fish, or just burgers and dogs, you can't beat a meal where the sun is shining, friends and family are all around, and good food hot off the grill.
2. Naps. I love a good nap. I wish I lived in a country that shut down and took nationwide naptime.
3. Day (baseball) games. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I can't explain it to you. It is the best way to watch a ball game, period.
1. That someday I won't be able to provide for my family. This has to be my big one. My father told me once that whatever I did in life when I have a family of my own I need to do whatever it takes to provide for them. This scares the hell out of me because I will be 30 in just over a month and I can hardly keep my own damn head above water.
2. Not having children. I guess this could take care of the first fear, but I have never had children before and I for sure want little one's of my own. I guess the fear comes from either my future wife or I, not being able to physically do so.
3. Not finishing my education. I have just over a year and a half left...but it seems like I have been saying that "I have a year and a half left" for a year and a half.
3 Current Obsessions/Collections:
1. One obsession lately is golf. I have been out on the course at least once a week since going on summer break. I love it. I found out that I play much better in sandals or bare feet. It is my kind of game. It is like taking a drive in a park with your buddies and you get to have a few beers too.
2. Going to the beach, also a summer time obsession. I started hanging out with a teacher from work that is a surfer. We go once or twice a week and spend the morning out in the waves. It takes me back to my days as a youngster going to Huntington Cliffs with the guys and boogie boarding.
3. And like my friend John, I have wedding plans all over the brain, April 4th, Kids!
3 Surprising Facts:
1. I have always wanted to learn how to fly. Airplane or Helicopter, dosn't matter.
2. I could get on base against Franky Rodriguez (or hit .210 in the show) anytime I wanted too.
3. I too can't believe John's face sweats when he eats apples...W.T.F.???