Sunday, July 29, 2007

Strike One...(Day One)


We pulled into San Francisco this afternoon and realized that there was no way that we were going to be able to get inside AT&T Park even though I had tickets. Apparently some guy is going for a record or something and there isn't a parking spot from here to San Jose, not under $30 that is. Yes, you read that right. $30! John and I thought Dodger Stadium was bad at $15. Good thing my Paw and I didn't drive a motor home because it would have been $50.
Like I said before, I paid $30 for the pair of tickets and as we were driving out of the stadium a guy on the street asked if we had any extra tickets that we wanted to get rid of. I flashed him a “deuce” sign and he came up to the car window.

“Whatta ya got?” He asked.

“Standing room” I answered quick and to the point with as much street ooze as I could muster up.

“Mmmm. There going for about $35 out here. Whatchu want for em?”

“$70 then. “ I said. Thinking to myself that this guy is not the brightest crayon in the box if he’s telling me what they’re selling at, but then again they could have been going for $70 apiece and I wouldn’t have known.

“Common man, I got to make some money out here… $40 for the two.” He comes back with.

“$60.” I say…Hey, I hold the tickets!

“$50.”

“Sure, $50.”

To steal a line from… someone, “Straight cash, homie!”

I didn’t double my booty, but it’s a needed nice meal on the trip. Tomorrow we ride to Portland, get a good night sleep, and we have a night game Tuesday in Seattle. I’ll keep you up to date.

3 comments:

Conrad said...

You gonna call Bill Brasky?

j.h.k. said...

I'm guessing no.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

You're a straight hustla'