Tuesday, January 20, 2009

UPDATE: Operation Jeepers Creepers

Worked on the Jeep this past Martin Luther King Jr. weekend...and it was good.



I attached the fender flair, side markers, support bars that come from the fire wall to the grill, did an oil change, and added new coolant to the system just before starting the girl up again after three months. I turned the key and...Sweetness. She fired up like nothing happened.



After driving it around the block a few times to get the juices flowing again and to test the steering to see if it was damaged (luckily it was not), I checked the belts, hoses, all the wiring. I attached the hood back on the hinges and then ran into the only snag in the rebuild. The hood won’t go down all the way. It is hitting the top of the radiator, so I need to check and see if it can be adjusted somehow. So close to getting the paint and completing Operation Jeepers Creepers!

Side Note: my cousin Ted that lives in Oklahoma had a soft top on his Jeep...one he used for only a few months before going the hard top route. He said the nearly new top is in the mail (I just had to pay for shipping!)!