Sunday, June 1, 2008

Where To Start


Its been awhile...almost 2 months since the last post! I don't know where to begin. I guess wedding news is a good spot to get back into the swing of things.

UPDATE: The Lady friend and I have secured airline tickets for our honeymoon in Europe, North Europe to be exact. We are leaving the Monday after the wedding and we will be gone for 2 weeks backpacking through England, Ireland, The Netherlands and possibly France and Germany. I personally have never done anything like this but I cant wait to do it. I just hope the dollar dose a little rebounding before the trip or I might just end up getting a job there and never come back. Also John brought up a time where he said that I said I would never go to Europe because everything I wanted to see or needed to for that fact was right here in the good ol' U.S.A. I dont remember saying it but it dose sound like something I would have said sometime ago in younger years.

UPDATE: Tomorrow (6/2) marks a great day in my battle with diabetes. My insurance was gracious enough to approve me for a brand new insulin pump. What this little bugger dose is eliminate the need for injections 4 times a day and I can program it to give me a little bit of insulin every hour. What that dose is limit the spikes and drops in blood sugar that happen when I go a bit too long between meals. There is a lot of technology in this pump and I could talk about it for days but what it comes down to is me having better control and that makes me feel better, be healthier, and live longer.

UPDATE: I joined a softball team. We suck but we have fun. I played in the first game and then jacked up my ankle so I missed the next 2. It feels good to get out and play some ball. I havent been able to throw a ball since I had an episode of frozen shoulder syndrome that has lasted over 2 years. Im getting back to playing some thing that resembles baseball again and I hope that one day soon I can get back on the diamond.

4 comments:

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Don't forget to bring your pump when you start hiking.

j.h.k. said...

wow, you are never gonna let that go, are you?

j.h.k. said...

wow, you are never gonna let that go, are you?

Joe said...

Dude, I thought your pump already did that...

I too remember Kory mentioning his anti-Euro interest. P.S. Just how early can one purchase plane tickets?

One game and already on the shelf? You make Chris Snelling, Ken Griffey Jr and Mark Prior look like Cal Ripken Jr, Lou Gehrig and Steve Garvey.