Thursday, March 27, 2008

The King at His Castle


This weekend marks a huge milestone in the relationship column for my special ladyfriend and me. It’s bigger then the weekend we met, bigger then when we moved in together, and even bigger then the day I asked her to be my wife! Yes, after discovering that in the past 4 years of knowing one another we have never been on a weekend trip where it was just to two of us so we got a room at the lovely Sea Breeze Motel and two tickets for the Saturday evening tour at Hearst Castle in beautiful San Simeon, California.

Amazing eh? Not one weekend in over 4 years! I know that with her getting her masters and me back in school, both of us working full time and all, it seems like the only time we have together is on the weekend, and we love just doing nothing with it, but I couldn’t in my right mind let this stand.

I am hoping to start these weekend trips as a staple in our relationship. There is so much to see in this great state of ours and who better to experience it with then my lover? Maybe I'll make an offer on the place since the housing market is in a buyers trend right now.

4 comments:

Joe said...

"'The City Steakhouse serves the best beef in town...their sensual setting will set the mood for any romantic rendezvous...' Oh, hear that Hank?"

:)

You lovebirds have a great time!

Conrad said...

Keri and Craig just went there. Check her pics on myspace.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Good for you guys!

j.h.k. said...

Great reference, Broseph.

Hey there Gordo, they got one of them heart-shaped tubs there at the Sea Breeze?