Sunday, November 18, 2007

UPDATE!



So I know its been a few since the last post. Sorry about that. It is not lack of stuff to write about I know that fo sho. Lets begin:

Oct 27: SHE SAID YES!!!
I asked my special lady-friend to be my special lady-wife and she accepted. I did it on the Queen Mary here in the wonderful city of Long Beach. Now the fun begins with planning this party. Any ideas please e-mail me.

Nov 10: 10 YEARS!!! 10!!
I went to my 10 year reunion and there was only about 40 people there. It was sad. But the meal was great! I saw my high school sweetheart and met her husband of 10 years. I thought it would be a little more weird then it was. It was great to hang out and talk about old times. I left early and met up with a group of old high school friends that was hanging outside the reunion at the hotel bar. We went to the Alud Dubliner and then to a neighborhood hangout that we all frequent, Tracey's.

Nov 18: TODAY!
I realized yesterday that the places we were looking at for wedding/reception sites were way out of the budget. Dropping $40k for a 6 hour show is outrageous and I cant see why or how people get away with some of the charges they charge. Example, $20 cork fee. This is a $20 charge just to open a bottle of wine, 5 bottles you got $100 right there. Cake Cutting fee, the average for this is around $5 per slice! Whoever you hire to cater the event charges you $5 a slice to cut it out and deliver the slice to whomever is going to eat it. Chair Covers, don't get me started...$5-7 per cover, per chair just so you cant see the chair.
We've looked at around 6 places and everyone puts the cost for the wedding and reception around $25,000. This is without, photography, D.J., cake, rehearsal dinner, hotel rooms for out of town guests, tux, groomsmen and bridesmaids gifts, and honeymoon.
I know that you cant put a price on love, but give a brotha a chance!

9 comments:

Conrad said...

Did you say Vegas?!?

Kory said...

good suggetion, but negtive. The Lady-friend wants it on or around the beach.

Adam and Myisha Partridge said...

Two words: E Lope.
There's beaches in Vegas, at least good enough for losers who go to their 10 year high school reunion. You do realize that it's now closer to 10 1/2 year reunion- you graduated in June, not November geniuses (sorry, I'm a little jaded about reunions).

j.h.k. said...

The most important thing is the open bar. Everything else is icing on the cake. I'm gonna be calling you soon to talk about the bachelor party.

Joe said...

Amber Cepeda was your high school sweetheart???????

j.h.k. said...

Good point, Joe. I would have said the other broad.

Kory said...

Michelle? Well she wasn't there now was she? 2 years of high school with Amber and 2 years of high school with Michelle... sweetheart could have been either one.

Joe said...

I had no idea it was two years with her...I thought it was two minutes in the sand box...

Kory said...

The "flash in the pan" relationships didnt start untill after high school, athank you very much.